Friday, October 20, 2006

Be a Reflector

Here's a picture from Corey's wedding for kicks...


And here's my devo's for today...

Ready, Set, Go - Daily Bible Reading
Date: 10/20/06
Topic: Worship
Title: Be a Reflector

Scripture
Acts 12
22The people gave him a great ovation, shouting, “It’s the voice of a god, not of a man!”

23Instantly, an angel of the Lord struck Herod with a sickness, because he accepted the people’s worship instead of giving the glory to God. So he was consumed with worms and died.

24Meanwhile, the word of God continued to spread, and there were many new believers.

Observation
God takes worship very seriously. As described in this passage, when the people's praise is taken to heart, like Herod, God can and will take drastic measures. The people were worshipping Herod saying “It’s the voice of a god, not of a man!” They were way off base in their worship. Worshipping anything other than the one true God is sin. What God seems to be highlighting in this chapter is that when worship is accepted by people (like Herod), that is a very serious issue to Him. God killed Herod for his robbery of worship.

Application
We all have a great responsiility to give glory over to God. To be a refector of worship up to God. I remember being in San Francisco's science/discovery building when I was young. They had this light disply and we could take these mirror blocks and shoot beams of light all over the place. When you set a block at an angle it would shoot straight up. That's what being a reflector of worship is like - shooting the glory and praise given by men back up to God. He's the one who gives the gift or talent in the first place. We must understand the importance of giving God all the glory for everything good that happens to us.

I want to be like David where he says, “Let God's praise continually be in my mouth.” When somone says “good job”, or “well done” my response should be “God is good” or “God has done well.” If I am a reflector of His glory, this is what pleases him.

Prayer
Lord, today I reflect the glory up to you! You get all of it! No matter what songs I write, what books I write, what great events I put on, what I design, no matter how many people are in a ministry that I am involved in, no matter how great something is that I do, I will always be a reflector of Your glory. Bouncing the glory back up to You! You are good and you have done well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Amira I'm from Egypt I was with you in the GYC and I just wnated to tell you that your message really inspired me, I needed it very much. I want to thank you for the CD Heroes I just got it from a friend and God spoke to me through it. Please send my Congratulations to Corey for getting married.
be blessed..