Saturday, December 30, 2006

2006 - The Year in Review

Stats

0 Moves
1 New Job
1 Brother married
1 New Sister Added
3 Minor Injuries
8 Years I owned my 1990 Subaru Legacy
1,237,899 times the back of the car squeaked while I drove
201,000 Miles it had on it when I gave it away
3 Times I had my credit card number stolen and used
1 New Vox Amp
1 New Fender Telecaster Guitar
1 Hour Spent Actually Playing Them :)
1 Vacation to the Beach (Grateful bread pancakes!)
1 Trip to Cairo Egypt
150 People that came to Christ in Egypt!
1 Trip to the Fray (Piano rock remember?)
4 Close Friends move away from Bend (Uganda and Nampa represent!)
302 Times I was mistaken for Corey
40 Student Leaders in our first year of the program (rockin' the city)
1 Unfinished Acoustic Project
35 Unfinished Books
1 Finished Backyard
0 Times I was in an epic battle with Ninjas and Warlords

1 Too Many Stats

Blue Ribbon Burgers from Red Robin
Bills from the Emergency Room

Highlights

Egypt (watch this video to understand why!!)



The Fray

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm just really enjoying bands like this right now. I went to their concert in Portland this year with a couple friends and thought it was great! Check out the band MuteMath - they are cool too.

Favorites

Books I was Into:

Searching for God Knows What - Donald Miller
Velvet Elvis - Rob Bell
Culture Warrior - Bill O'Reilly

Music I was Into:

Jonny Lang**
Coldplay
Mute Math
Hillsong United
Thrice
Copeland
The Fray**
Delirious (revisted the old stuff + new)
Leeland
Keane
**bands I saw live!

Ok, that's a mouthful of what happened to me in 2006. What was your favorite part of 2006?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

id have to say that my favorite was definately the 0 times you were in an epic battle with ninjas and warlords..... that must have been thriling....... And the 302 times you were mistaken for corey... now that is funny =)

Katie Scott said...

Hahaha - the funniest part about that video is that the only word you knew was Hallelujah! :)

Janice said...

Yay for The Fray!

Sounds like you had an exciting year!

Victoria Ashley said...

Tor's Stats for 06
1 Official New Brother
1 Real Happy Sister
2 Unofficial New Brothers
2 Jobs
1 Car
0 Licenses
5 New God Chasing Friends
2 Camps that changed my life
1 New pastor(don't fall away)
45 Minutes straight of standing in those heels at the wedding then taking, them off(glory to God!)
365 Days of God proving His love and presence in my life.
2 More people in the world who call me Victoria

07's gonna rock our socks!

Spirit Bearer Ministries said...

2006 was easily the toughest year of my life. I felt like I had lost the chance at having anywhere to call "home" all over again. I moved 4 times. I fell flat on my face. I lost my faith. I was hurt by "the church" and those around me, and then, I was brought to my knees...again. I was introduced to the thought that maybe...just maybe...Christ wants my attention through the moving, the crap, the pain, the apathy...He wants me to get to know Him the way that He knows me; Unconditionally. He wants me to WANT Him, to understand the WANT He has always had for me. He taught me to run with Him, to say my vows, to put one foot in front of the other, and to LEARN to know Him. To completely forget having it all together. The journey has just begun, and His blessings are amazing. I think, in 2006, I fell in love with a REAL Christ, in a REAL way, for the first REAL time. Then...He brought me to Bend. Thank God for 2006. :)

This is Katie, from BackPorch, by the way. I like your choices of music, Mat Kearney is my current and new passionate favorite. :) I figured I'd answer a blog question, so there it is! A summary of 2006! Felt good to recognize it. It was nice to meet you, let's Rock Out soon! Let's love God with our music together. Catch you on the flip side -

- Katie